FOOD PRICES, particularly of chicken and pork, may spike if the unrest at Taal Volcano in Batangas continues, as the Calabarzon Region is considered as a major source of livestock in the country, according to an economist.
“We worry that the Taal eruption may put pressure on food prices of livestock, particularly chicken and hogs (as well as fish supply) since Calabarzon — Taal’s location and region most affected, is a significant contributor to local production of livestock,” Philippine National Bank (PNB) economist Jun Trinidad said in a note sent to journalists on Wednesday. READ MORE
ADB to help in drafting new water contracts, says Justice secretary – UNCERTAINTY is still there…
THE Asian Development Bank (ADB) will help as consultants in the drafting of the new contracts of Metro Manila’s water concessionaires, Justice Secretary Menardo I. Guevarra said.
He said Finance Secretary Carlos G. Dominguez III had informed him that his team would engage consultants from the ADB to revise the contracts, which President Rodrigo R. Duterte previously said contain “onerous provisions.”
He said the Finance department would probably discuss in the meeting in Malaca?ang on Wednesday the involvement of the Manila-based regional bank.
“I presume that one of the matters that we are going to take up?mamaya?(later, Jan. 15) is the engagement of the ADB consultants for the purpose of guiding the government side in the matter of revision economic and financial terms of the water concession agreement,” he said in a news forum. READ MORE
IT’S OFFICIAL: Trump signs China trade deal, says tariffs could be lifted in phase 2
- President Donald Trump signed an interim trade agreement with China on Wednesday.
- The move was the first tangible sign of de-escalation in a trade dispute that has weighed on the world’s largest economies for nearly two years.
- Ahead of his 2020 reelection bid, Trump has portrayed his economic wars as major wins for American business. READ MORE
PSEI TECHNICAL CHART
- Local news looks pessimistic after the Taal Volcano eruption & Water contracts dis-agreement
- Short Term inflation on Consumer Price index may hit local man in the streets
- China & US progress clearly states that Philippines will also enjoy the ride moving forward
- But wait till the Descending Triangle settles down before jumping into the Market
- You can start picking up Value Stocks – ACEH, ISM, DD, JFC and etc
JOIN US for our monthly sessions – Register Here