Brexit talks are nearing their endgame, May says
Prime Minister Theresa May said on Monday that there were still considerable unresolved issues with the European Union over Brexit as the two sides approached the “endgame” in negotiations for departure from the bloc. ?May described the negotiations as immensely difficult and said there would not be an agreement at any cost.?Her compromise plan, which seeks to maintain close trade ties with the EU in the future, faces opposition from Brexiteers, pro-Europeans, the Northern Irish party that props up her government, and even some of her own ministers. Read More @?https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-may/brexit-talks-are-nearing-their-endgame-may-says-idUSKCN1NH2F5
China’s top trade negotiator Liu He prepares to head to the US to pave way for Xi-Trump meeting
- Planned trip follows meeting in Beijing with US elder statesman Henry Kissinger
- Hopes tensions can be eased ahead of G20 conversation between the two leaders – Read More @?https://www.scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy/article/2172878/chinas-top-trade-war-negotiator-prepares-pave-way-xi-jinping
Dollar Carry Trade May Be Returning as Global Rates Diverge
Speculation that euro-area monetary officials will consider more stimulus for banks and expectations for further Federal Reserve tightening are causing spreads between U.S. and European debt yields to widen, adding to the case for euro weakness, according to Nomura Holdings Inc. The gap on 2-year Treasury yields over their German counterparts this month surged to about 3.5 percentage points, a record. For Bilal Hafeez, Nomura’s global head of Group-of-10 foreign-exchange strategy, the size of the spread may be enough to spur a carry trade into the dollar. Read More @?https://www.bloombergquint.com/onweb/dollar-carry-trade-may-be-returning-as-global-rates-diverge#gs.k_eKjHs
WHAT IS THE USD SAYING TODAY?
TODAYS NEWS THAT MIGHT AFFECT YOUR TECHNICAL TRADES
- 3.00pm – Germany will release their GDP data – volatility expected.
- 3.45pm – France will release their CPI data – expected tone good.
- 5.30pm – GBP will go to action with CPI data release – expect volatility for GBP.
- 6.00pm – EUR will go to action with EURO GDP data release – no change is expected.
- 9.30pm – VOLATILITY TIME – when US releases their CPI data which widely expected to be good. USD could break a new high.